Saturday, May 8, 2010

A new beginning.

Clayton Church Of Christ

One of the few places, that changed my life completely.

I remember, the first time I ever step foot in that church, was for the 2009 amazing race. My most memorable moment of that day, was when my team, beat Erol's team at the very last second, because Erol was literally rofl-ing on the ground.

I remember, that church was the place that I had accepted Christ into my life. A turning point in my life, so I could live a good life.

I remember, making heaps and heaps of friends at youth, and developing bonds which I am grateful to have. Those people, will always be a part of my life, whether they want to or not. (:

I remember, being guided by Ben Guilford and Stephen Chau, during my first couple of weeks at youth, in Christianity explained. Even though you probably won't read this, Ben, even though you've left youth now, look how far I've come.

I remember, all the fun times we had at that church, all the things that church has done for me.

Even though the building is going to be demolished, our memories of that place still live within us. We will never forget that building, and everything that has happened within it's walls. It's sad, even though it is becoming something even greater. We will miss it.

But, this marks the start of a new beginning. A new location, to make new memories, that we will treasure, and then soon after, we will move into the new church building, which takes the church one step closer, to achieving the 2015 vision.

"Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose."

1 comment: