Tuesday, March 22, 2011

42 north

Back, after a long 9 days in the hospital, I am finally home. To be honest, now that I'm back, I kinda miss the hospital. Sitting in my bed for the entire day, watching himym, and having a nurse do everything for you is kinda awesome.
Only problem is that you have to be in severe pain to be in there, so I guess I shouldn't want to go back. It was a nice experience though, seeing everything from the patients point of view.
Now, for those who don't know why I was in hospital, I was shot in the chest. I saw this lady getting robbed and I stepped in and saved her, at the risk of my own life. People have told me, that I shouldn't have done it, but I guess being a hero is in my blood.



Haha I wish. I actually had pneumothorax. Which is a hole in your lung causing an air leak, and then your chest cavity filling with air which in turn crushes your lung. Now, I would like to tell this epic story behind what happened, and how awesome I was being before it happened, but sadly, I don't want to tell a false story. The truth is... I was standing still and I started having chest pains. Yay for spontaneous pneumothorax. >_>
So the doctors stuck tubes in me to get all the air out and make sure that I was ok, and that entire process took 9 days. Thankfully, I had many visitors so it was never too boring. I got a lot of messages and phone calls which also helped me pass the time. Thank you everyone who cared! (:

Now that I'm back, I have really cool battle scars to show everyone how manly and awesome I am, and it makes for a good ice breaker as well. Oh, and did I mention the scars look awesome.

P.S: 42 north was the name of the ward that I was in.

2 comments:

  1. Good to know that you're doing well Andy!
    Always here for you, when you need it - from Lucas and Elephant :D

    ReplyDelete