Monday, July 12, 2010

Devotion.

"What you think is over, may not be over." - Judah Smith

Hillsong Conference 2010. The most epic conference I have ever been to. I think, about 3x better than Planetshakers. And also one of the best 10 days of my life. I couldn't have had as much fun as I did these past 10 days. Got to know the people from church, as well as getting to know more of myself. The messages that were spoken by the preachers were all really helpful. They really helped me clear my head, as well as showing me what I should be doing.

Judah Smith. My favourite speaker. The first time I heard him speak, he blew me away. The words that he preached, helped me the most and showed me that I should never give up, because God has a plan. "God is never late, but he is rarely early." As long as I trust in him, everything will turn out how they were supposed to.

Something Andy Stanley said, that, 'We don't get what we want, because we don't ask God. And even though sometimes we ask God, we ask with the wrong motives.' I've finally realised what I really should be praying for. Not for my happiness, but for hers.

Ed Young, said that "What breaks your heart, will break you out to where God wants you to be." I can see now, that everything that has happened, would have been part of God's plan. The plan to make me a stronger person, spiritually, emotionally as well as physically. If all those things had never happened, I wouldn't be as close to God as I am now. When I was in pain, I turned to God, and he healed me, with his words spoken through others.

Similar things were also said by Bishop T.D Jakes. "Don't get bitter when I'm trying to make you better." The Bishop said that God takes us through things to make us stronger, and that as long as you trust him, everything will turn out ok. That storms don't last. One thing that hit me strongly though, was when he said
"Don't let a brief period in your life define who you are."
So your destiny is always attached to what you have left. That is, what you lose, you don't need

"He has sent me to heal the broken hearted"

After my time in Sydney, I know exactly how I feel about her. And it's not just a 'feeling' because there was proof.

lessthanthree.

still waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment