Saturday, April 24, 2010

encouragement

For the past 2 weeks at youth, the walls have been decorated with boxes. Those boxes each had a name, for every person part of our youth and church. Those boxes, were for encouragement notes. I didn't write one for everyone, because I decided to only write ones, for those people I felt needed them the most. The people that are quiet and reserved and the people who I feel should grow more in their life with God.

There was one person however, that replied to my note to them, and I told you not to think that way.

You said to me, that "even though I try, I fail. If I work harder I know I'd still fail..." You should never think that way. This doesn't just apply to that person though, this can apply to anyone feeling the same way.

First of all, it's not impossible for you to succeed. Success, isn't something that can be put into the category of 'impossible'. Because, to learn to succeed, you have to first learn to fail. Concentrate on finding your goal, then concentrate on reaching it. 

Also, you should change the way you think of the word 'fail'.  Instead of thinking something along the lines of 'ahh I failed, there's no point, I'll just keep on failing no matter what I do', you should think of it like this. 'ahh I failed, oh well, there's no changing that, I'll just make sure I won't fail next time.' Since failure, is simply the chance to begin again, except this time, more intelligently. 


"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

No comments:

Post a Comment