Sunday, April 11, 2010

P-P-P-PLANETSHAKERS 20TEN :D

So this week, was THE best week of the holidays. PlANETSHAKERS 20TEN AND CRASHING AT NG'S HOUSE. :D :D :D

From the 6th - 9th of April, I was at the Planetshakers concert, which was absolutely awesome. 4 days straight of worship and prayer, the best. Also, with awesome people as well :D I learnt so much this week at planetshakers, and its completely changed me as a person. Before, I thought I was an all right role model for all the younger people at youth, but now, after planetshakers, I've grown so much closer to God and found that I can be so much better, giving my all for the Lord. The preachers were all REALLY, UNBELIEVABLY GOOD. The people that spoke were Russel Evans, Sam Evans, John Bevere, Rich Wilkinson Jnr, REGGIE DABBS AND BISHOP T.D JAKES (Y)(Y)(Y).  All of their words were inspiring, but the people in bold, I took more notice, of, because their words spoke to me more than the others.

Some things that really spoke to me:
Reggie Dabbs - He preached twice to us this week, and some things that really hit me, that he said, were:
"If your decision can kill, then your decision can help someone live." - Optimistic encouragement to make the right decision.
"God is the potter, and you are the clay. He is shaping us into who we are. When you jump off the table, go against what God has in store for you, he won't stop you. He also won't force you back onto the table, BUT, he will help you back up."
John Bevere - His message, took up two sessions, but it was also an amazing message.He talked about empowerment and the grace of God.
"How do we live an extraordinary life? With the Grace of God."
Grace = Charis = God's empowerment that gives us the ability to go beyond our natural ability.
"God expects us to advance his world."
"We have access to the pipeline of faith to the water of grace we need."
"Grace, is God's empowerment."
"You have a slave mentality, you have to replace that with a King's mentality."
Bishop T.D Jakes - He was probably the best speaker at this conference in my opinion (Y)
"God will hold back greatness, to see your motives, a test of faith."
"When good things grow, bad things grow right beside it. Don't expect trouble to hide from you." 
"We have a tendency to need to fix what's going wrong in our lives. But God will get you out of those things. He will get you out of trouble."
"For every struggle in your life, there is a strategy."
"You are too busy trying to fix everything yourself, you don't hear God's strategy."
"Suicide, always leaves people confused."
"There is nothing that God cannot go through."
"Don't let fear hold you back."
Rich Wilkinson Jnr - "Why do you believe it? Because I choose to."

Those are some of the powerful quotes from the preachers, but the things that I learnt the most out of Planetshakers this year, is that if "I serve the man, the man has a plan". Which means that if i serve the Lord, then everything that goes on in my life, has a reason. That it is all planned out already. Also, that i can overcome any trial, any difficulty and keep going, keep going until I reach my goal. With the grace of God. And the last thing, that life is like vapor, it's here one moment, gone the next, so forget about organising things, you never know what tomorrow will hold.

"I surrender all."

The other awesome thing, was the sleepover at Kelly and Krystin's house. At the end of the conference, Friday night, Nick, Paul, Heidi, Thomas and I went over to the ng's house to sleepover. When we got there we ate first, because we were all starving, and then we went to their downstairs thingo, and played lots of random games. Their sister Karyn, was also with us :D First, we played big 2, with the loser eating an expired donut (N) I lost twice D: but luckily I didn't need to take a dump (: THEN, we played chubby bunnies :D, we have videos, that should be up on facebook (if it's not, then it will be soon :D) and we also made some people sing with marshmallows in their mouths (Y) haha Then the last thing we played was charades, teams were Kelly, Nick, Karyn and I vs Krystin, Heidi, Paul and Thomas. and wow. Thomas's acting is just...I can't even think of a word to describe it |: And Thomas also got his facebook hacked, and it was done really well aswell (Y) good job Kelly (: haha

One other thing, throughout this week, I realised something. I'm going to keep that something to myself. But i will tell you that I declared it to God through prayer, and he is my witness. and to keep people guessing, it has something to do with someone that I spent the week with. Which is basically someone from Planetshakers (:

ANYWAY.................

As I said at the start. BEST WEEK OF THE HOLIDAYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment