Monday, July 4, 2011

Youth Assalt Camp 2011

So to start this off, I just have to say that, the sheer epicness of the camp, is pretty much indescribable. The lives that were changed, the weights holding people back lifted, it was all thanks to God.

We arrived down at Phillip Island with expectant hearts, but what came about still caught me completely by surprise. Friday night, Amir and Auntie Poh-Choo taught us some things, and at the end of the night, we all made a vow of silence, to really help prepare us to receive God. Technology was also taken away from us, in order to minimise distractions. It was a little bit odd at first, but it was really refreshing, especially when we worshipped, to finish our vow.
Saturday Night was the most epic though. It started off normally, with worship, however, even though Amir had all this stuff planned for the night, it all changed when the Holy Spirit descended into the place where we worshipped. At the start of the camp, we filled in this spiritual profile booklet, completely private, about all our past sins and that sort of stuff. After worship on Saturday night, we took those booklets out, and burned them. It was the physical act of erasing out past sins and beginning anew. When we went back inside, we continued to worship, and the it was just a whole night of prayer. People were breaking down, people were being deeply moved. It was really obvious that lives were being changed that night.
Sunday morning was just as good, people shared about what they experienced the night before, and it just showed how amazing our God really is. I was also on worship that morning, which went really well. Even though Robby wasn't back yet, since he had to take the babies home, Nick played in his place, and it all worked out fine! It was also really fun, since the songs that we played were fun to play haha.
Coming back from camp, I was dead tired. Slept almost the whole trip back, and then chilled at Sarton Road waiting for people to be taken home. After that some of us went to Joyce's house to play monopoly deal and talk, before heading off to Glen to eat. At this point, both my sister and I still haven't gone home. We ate at Raramen, and then when we left we went to go say hi to Jun and them too.
After that, Tim took my sister home, and I also dropped off my stuff before going to Dena's house to play Bang! and some more monopoly deal LOL. It was good just hanging out, but in the end I didn't end up going home until about midnight. :S I'm pretty sure I looked like a hobo, since I didn't go home to change or anything. |: It was really fun though!

At the moment I'm still pretty tired, since I'm a little sleep deprived, but we've got paintball up in NSW later, so I think I'm actually going to die. ): Let's hope its worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment