Saturday, August 6, 2011

athletics 2011

As usual, we had our school athletics at knox athletics centre. This year though, I decided to dress up with my non-asian friends, since the other guys had no idea what they were doing. We went as tennis players and it was actually pretty fun this year.

I remember when I went last year it was pretty boring. We hardly did any events, and we just sat there bored. We didn't bother trying to dress up either lol. This year though, we made the effort to dress up, even though it was really simple, and we actually did stuff! I ran the 400m with some other people, but it wasn't serious though. We wanted our friend Gerrard to win, since he's always failed P.E, and this was his chance to have a sporting achievement! So we ran as group and put on an act to let him win. We also signed up for high jump just for fun, and I was the only one out of us "tennis players" to clear 145cm, so I won a 3rd ribbon lol. It's funny because I've never done High Jump in my life.

There was a few things we did to pass the time though. A lot of the girls in our year level wanted to take photos, so that took up some time, and then we also had one of those high bounce balls, so we took it to the grassy field and started playing tennis without a net. After a while though it turned into something else. We started off playing tennis, then it became 'how long we can keep the rally going', which them turned into 'who can do the coolest dives'. The last part was started by me, since I was trying to be dramatic when we were trying to keep the rally going lol.

Overall it was pretty fun, heaps better than last year, and time passed so much faster this year too!

the tennis players, minus aidan (he was winning the 800m)

No comments:

Post a Comment