Sunday, September 18, 2011

mountain

It feels as though I've reached the peak of the mountain. From this point on, it's just a straight path towards my goal, both academically and that other thing.
It wasn't an easy path for me to take. Started on one path at the start of the year, and have sort of branched off a little. Academically my goals remain unchanged, however my social life has changed quite a lot.
There were a whole heap of pebbles in my path, constantly tripping me up in both aspects, and at times, nothing would seem to go right, yet at other times, things would seem to be absolute bliss.

In terms of my school life, I finally realised what my own capabilities were and what I needed to do in order to run a good race. Starting second semester, I finally took my education more seriously. I dropped certain responsibilities and focused more on studying.

My social life on the other hand, had dropped quite a bit since the start of the year. I stopped social gaming, and only gamed as stress relief and boredom relief. I became a little bit anti-social since my eyes were only on one thing (or person if you like). However, once I realised that I was being stupid, I've managed to keep up a healthy social life, as well as relatively good marks.

I guess my path has always been pretty narrow. When our year 12 formal came around, that same narrow path decided to branch off. Two choices, to continue on the path that I've always been on, or take the alternate route. I chose the alternate route. Mainly because I was sort of sick of the path I was on, and wanted to take that risk. I always think, it's not interesting unless there is that little bit of risk. That is partly why I'm so fascinated by diseases and the like.

You could say that I'm heading towards a checkpoint in my path. The first obstacle in a long, long path. The outcome of that would probably have two possibilities. Either I live my life normally, with only a slight change, or my life will change for the better. Either way, there isn't too much of a downside in terms of my life. There are other things though, that will change. But I don't think they're appropriate for my blog. If you are really that curious, I guess you could ask me, but depending on who you are, I could be very vague, or I could be very precise.

"Who is waiting at the end of the road?"

2 comments: